Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sporting KC?



Well, it looks like it's pretty much official.. Unless we're thrown a wicked curveball tomorrow evening at P&L for the official unveil, it seems as though we're now Sporting KC.


I guess I'm ok with that. But, if we don't keep the nickname 'Wizards,' I might lose it.. Seriously. For real fans like the members of the BSE, there is just too much history to let a name like the Wizards die. (Cause we support the wizards, the wizards, the wizards!)


I do have a couple questions about the new logo though.


1) let's start with the obvious.. It looks a lot like the eastern conference logo.. Like, A LOT.




2) If we're going to be Sporting KC, shouldn't 'sporting' be at the top? Because right now, it reads "Kansas City Sporting." That's confusing.


3) I know people were throwing out the name Kansas City SC (for the record, I would have been cool with that, too). It looks like they incorporated the SC into the new logo also. So, the way I see it, by looking at the logo, we are now Kansas City Sporting Soccer Club. That's an effing mouthful. We might as well be Chivas Kansas City Sporting Soccer Club FC City United. No? too much?

Anyway, I guess my main point is that I'm ok with the re-branding. I get it. Trying to appeal to more people. Blah blah blah, whatever. But I'll tell you one thing, The BSE will still call the Wizards the Wizards.

That is the BSE's official stance. Take it or leave it. And if you don't take it, Reddell will shove you over.

Will update again after the unveil.

No comments:

Post a Comment